Chef Jack Riebel steps away from The Lex; O’Leary is the new culinary director – Twin Cities

It’s the beginning of a new era for Grand Avenue’s most famous restaurant.

Chef Jack Riebel is officially resigning from his role as head chef at The Lexington.

Chef Nick O’Leary will be the new culinary director.

Riebel, who has been battling cancer, is stepping down to spend time with his family.

“Lexington will always have a special place in my heart, but at this point I have decided that it is more important for me to spend time with my family,” Riebel said in a press release. “Nick is an amazing chef and I know he will continue to maintain the legacy and traditions of The Lexington for years to come.”

O’Leary’s stacked resumes include Borough, Saffron, Travail, Butcher and the Boar and Smack Shack. He is also a co-owner of Burger Dive, which has locations on Randolph Avenue in St. Louis. Paul and Potluck food hall in Rosedale.

“I’ve known Jack for many years and have had the privilege of working with him for the past few years,” O’Leary said in the release. “I am honored to continue his legacy and will strive to ensure that The Lexington remains the superior restaurant that Chef Jack built.”

Lexington: 1096 Grand Ave., St. Paul; 651-289-4990; thelexmn.com


No comments:

ads
Powered by Blogger.